It has been a busy week, quite a bit of activity and creativity happening here! Yesterday I had a very basic but very necessary hand sewing activity. My two youngest have both needed new ballet shoes or ballet flats as they are often referred to. Some come with the elastics sewn on, and others do not. Below are Miss L’s new ballet flats pre-elastics…
And after they have been attached.
Not all ballet shoes have two pieces of elastic on each shoe…a lot have only one piece across. I enjoy these simple hand-stitching jobs and find they can be quite therapeutic to do 🙂 These look lovely and clean and new. Give them a few weeks and they’ll be a different colour..pink with a touch of grey!
More than a year ago I made a new “sling” for our old bassinette. We got this basinette from my dear mother-in-law, who passed away around 17years ago. My husband slept in it, all our 6 babies slept in it, and now the next generation is using it…my grand-daughter Miss O has outgrown it and it has been passed on to my daughter Miss S whose precious wee blessing is due in around 8 weeks! So it has a real family history attached to it…but the main fabric was a bit tired and a new one needed. Mrs S also asked for a veil for the bassinette so that was made as well.
The veil is of a lovey muslin Mrs S and I found on a shopping expedition.
That’s it for this post. Miss L has been patiently waiting for a turn on the computer so I’ll log off and let her have a go before we head off to dance classes.
Thank you for visiting, I hope you’ve enjoyed my blog 🙂